Thursday 22 September 2011

TV or not TV? That is the question?

As you all know by now, Going Underground is my very first novel and I'm pleased (as well as somewhat relieved, I can tell you) that the response to my literary creation has, thus far, been rather positive.  Not, I assure you, that I'm showing off or anything - I'm just glad to know readers are laughing in all the right places, getting infuriated in all the right places and feeling saddened in all the right places...  And as if that isn't enough, I'm further pleased to report such feedback has even included quite a few comments on what a great adaptation Going Underground would make - for both the big and small screens.

Of course, I was suprised when one chap even went as far as suggesting which Hollywood 'A' lister should play the role of 'Tracey'.  Although quite how well Natalie Portman would fair in getting to grips with a Lancashire accent... well, who knows?  Anyways, in trusting such a concensus of opinion, I decided to send Going Underground off to a Producer to see what she would make of it. And guess what?  Not only does she actually agree with what you've all been saying, but having enjoyed the read herself, she's since passed it on to a script reader for further discussion! 

Of course, there's no guarantee the script reader will also like it, or, indeed, that in the end they'll move forward with it.  But still...

So I'd now like to ask everyone to keep their fingers crossed with me, just for the next couple of weeks or so?  And send out a request for suitable tips on how to quell nervous anticipation?

Mmmm, Natalie Portman... she did look rather good when heavily pregnant, didn't she...?

No comments:

Post a Comment